Audition dates: Jan 15 & 16 (Mon & Tues) @ 7:00pm
Possible callbacks: Jan 18 (Thu)
Director, Kathleen M. Kimber, and Assistant Director, Christie Cerminaro, seek actors for the CSP production of “The Memory of Water”, by Shelagh Stephenson. The audition will consist of cold readings from the script. Sides can be requested by contacting the director at Kathleen.firstname.lastname@example.org. Actors should be able to do a British accent. The roles to be filled are:
Casting 4 Women (20-50) and 2 Men (30-50)
- ・Vi – The mother of Mary, Teresa, and Catherine who has died in her 70s after battling Alzheimer’s. Vi appears to Mary as a her younger self (40s-50s).
- ・Mary – The middle sister, who has interactions with Vi after Vi’s passing and who has bitter memories of her mother. Mary is a doctor with a special interest in a patient who is suffering from memory loss. She is successful, but feels like something is missing (20+).
- ・Teresa – The eldest sister who lived in closest proximity to Vi and cared for her towards the end her life. She toes the lines of self-martyrdom, jilted by her sisters’ absence in caring for Vi. (30+).
- ・Catherine – She is the youngest sister, who is both egotistical and completely self-conscious. She bounces from guy to guy, always seeking approval and crosses the line with men she shouldn’t (20+).
- ・Mike – Mike is Mary’s boyfriend, who happens to be married. He says his wife is ill, but others doubt this story. He loves Mary, yet he won’t leave his wife (30+).
- ・Frank – Teresa’s (not first) husband, who met Teresa via a personal ad in the paper. Franks runs a health food/supplement business with Teresa, but hates it (30+).
Show date: Apr 20, 21, 26, 27, 28 @ 8pm / Apr 22 @ 2pm / 2018
* Before the Audition
- Download CSP Audition Form before you show up! In order to save your time, please download the audition form, complete and print it with any PDF reader and bring with you to the audition. ( Download Free PDF Reader )
- Please review the CSP Code of Conduct and return the consent formCSP Code of Conduct ensures that we not only have fun but that all feel welcome and that it is a safe environment for all. The purpose is to define accepted/acceptable behaviors, to promote high standards of practice and to establish a framework for professional behaviors and responsibilities.
( The consent form only needs to be completed once. )