Audition Dates: Oct 17 & 18 (Sun & Mon) @ 7pm
SHOW DATE: Feb 11, 12, 17, 18, 19 @8pm / Feb 13 @ 2pm
When a plucky community theatre is given the opportunity to produce a royalty free show, they jump at the chance. Little did they know that maddening interference from the author would spin them into a tale of “anything that can go wrong will go wrong.” The show is hilariously amateur and the playwright keeps changing the script only days from its premiere! All of the issues point to disaster when the company performs the show with amusing mishaps at every turn.
Cast of Characters
- AGGIE MANVILLE – a stage manager and prompter (Age: 25-45)
- GERALDINE “GERRY” DUNBAR – a community theatre director (Age: 30-60)
- HENRY BENISH (“Lord Dudley”) – a character actor (Age: 40-70)
- POLLY BENISH (“Lady Margaret”) – a character actor (Age: 40-70)
- MARLA “SMITTY” SMITH (“Doris the maid”) – a supporting player (Age: 17-25)
- SAUL WATSON (“Doctor Rex Forbes”) – a villain (Age: 30-50)
- BILLY CAREWE (“Stephen Sellers”) – a juvenile (Age: 18-30)
- VIOLET IMBRY (“Diana Lassiter”) – an ingenue (Age: 20-35)
- LOUISE PEARY – a sound-and-lighting-and-scenic technician (Age: 20-50)
- PHYLLIS MONTAGUE – a novice playwright in the community (Age: 30-60)
The play-within-the-play takes place in England, so we may use dialects for those scenes.
There are several roles that could potentially allow for gender-neutral casting. We encourage performers of all races, ethnicities, gender identities, sexualities, abilities and ages to audition. Please note that all cast members will be required to be fully vaccinated.
If you’d like more information about the show or any of the characters, please email: email@example.com.
CSP requires that all volunteers at our theater have been vaccinated. Anyone planning to audition for our upcoming 21-22 shows, must present proof of vaccination to the door staff before entering the building. There are no exceptions to this policy.
* Before the Audition
- Download CSP Audition Form before you show up! In order to save your time, please download the audition form, complete and email to the director. ( Download Free PDF Reader )
- Please review the CSP Code of Conduct and return the consent formCSP Code of Conduct ensures that we not only have fun but that all feel welcome and that it is a safe environment for all. The purpose is to define accepted/acceptable behaviors, to promote high standards of practice and to establish a framework for professional behaviors and responsibilities.
( The consent form only needs to be completed once. )