May 2 & 3 (Mon & Tue) @ 7pm
Director Bill Fellner is seeking actors for the CSP production of “Proof”, by David Auburn. The play won the Tony Award for best play, as well as the Pulitzer Prize for Drama. The roles to be cast are
- Catherine (25): inherited much of her father’s mathematical genius, and, she fears, his mental instability as well. She gave up her life and schooling to take care of her father until his recent death.
- Claire (29): Catherine’s older sister, a practical and business-minded woman who has been comfortably successful in her work and relationships. She left Robert and Catherine behind, distancing herself from the run-down family home of her youth. to make a new life for herself in New York City.
- Robert (50s): Catherine’s and Claire’s father, recently deceased, a mathematician well-known for the groundbreaking work of his youth, but whose later years were plagued by delusional mental illness; he is seen in Catherine’s imagination and in flashbacks.
- Harold (Hal) Dobbs (28): One of Robert’s last Ph.D. students during the one year his idol and mentor’s illness went into remission.
Show date: Oct 7, 8, 13, 14, 15 @ 8pm / Oct 9 @ 2pm
* Before the Audition
- Download CSP Audition Form before you show up! In order to save your time, please download the audition form, complete and email to the director. ( Download Free PDF Reader )
- Please review the CSP Code of Conduct and return the consent formCSP Code of Conduct ensures that we not only have fun but that all feel welcome and that it is a safe environment for all. The purpose is to define accepted/acceptable behaviors, to promote high standards of practice and to establish a framework for professional behaviors and responsibilities.
( The consent form only needs to be completed once. )