Audition dates: May 13 & 14 (Mon & Tues) @ 7:00pm
Possible Callback if necessary : May 15 (Wed) @ 7:00pm
Director Gwen Armstrong Barker seeks 7 actors (2F, 4M, 1 role open to genderblind casting). Actors should come prepared to do cold readings from the text. Contact Gwen at email@example.com for copies of the sides that will be used.
If you feel a monologue shows your best work, we’d love to see it! Please alert Gwen before the audition so she can set aside time at the end of the evening for monologues if needed.
- Henry: (50’s-60’s) King of England and “the greatest power in a thousand years”. Henry sees his time running out and, without a clear heir-apparent, fears his sons will tear the country apart vying for the crown after his death.
- Eleanor: (50’s-60’s) Henry’s brilliant and manipulative wife whom he has released temporarily from the tower in which he keeps her. She wants to influence the selection of the next king and negotiate her own release if she can.
- Richard: (20’s – early 30’s) Henry and Eleanor’s oldest son, the legendary soldier and Eleanor’s favorite, is realizing he is more powerful than his father and is eager to take his birthright
- Geoffrey: (20’s – Considering Genderblind casting for this role) the brightest (and coldest) son is bitter about being passed over for the throne and angling for power
- John: (late teens early 20’s) Henry’s youngest and favorite son, would like to scheme and manipulate with his brothers, but is in over his head
- Alais: (20’s) Henry’s lover and ward, is desperate to avoid being sold in marriage to the next king
- Phillip: (late teen’s early 20’s) Alais’s brother and King of France, wants to avenge the humiliations Henry heaped on his father when he was alive
Rehearsals: We’re planning a lighter rehearsal schedule (1-2 per week) over the Summer to accommodate vacations. After Labor Day, the rehearsal schedule will increase to 3 (2 weeknights 1 weekend) per week. Not all cast members will need to be at every rehearsal.
Show Date: Nov 15, 16, 21, 22, 23 @8pm / Nov 17 @2pm / 2019
* Before the Audition
- Download CSP Audition Form before you show up! In order to save your time, please download the audition form, complete and print it with any PDF reader and bring with you to the audition. ( Download Free PDF Reader )
- Please review the CSP Code of Conduct and return the consent formCSP Code of Conduct ensures that we not only have fun but that all feel welcome and that it is a safe environment for all. The purpose is to define accepted/acceptable behaviors, to promote high standards of practice and to establish a framework for professional behaviors and responsibilities.
( The consent form only needs to be completed once. )