Jan 12 and 13 ( Mon & Tue ) @ 7 pm
Director Bill Fellner seeks to fill the following roles:
- Dr. Katherine Brandt (40-60) American musicologist, obsessed with Beethoven’s music, estranged from her daughter, progressively ill with ALS.
- Clara Brandt (25-40) Katherine’s daughter, costume designer, estranged from her mother, later in love with Mike.
- Mike Clark (25-40) Nurse, genial and loyal, later in love with Clara.
- Ludwig van Beethoven** (50-70) Composer, hard of hearing, later deaf, and therefore somewhat antisocial.
- Anton Diabelli (30-50) Well-to-do Viennese music publisher.
- Dr. Gertrude Ladenburger (30-60) Librarian for Beethoven’s original documents in Bonn, later Katherine’s friend. German accent.
- Anton Schindler (25-40) Beethoven’s live-in secretary.
* The role of Beethoven requires a high level of musicianship. If you are interested, contact the director well in advance of the scheduled auditions (email@example.com).
This is a true ensemble piece: all roles are major and provide significant acting challenges.
THIS IS A REVISION: THE ORIGINAL SINGING REQUIREMENT FOR SOME ROLES HAS BEEN ELIMINATED.
* Before the Audition
- Download CSP Audition Form before you show up! In order to save your time, please download the audition form, complete and email to the director. ( Download Free PDF Reader )
- Please review the CSP Code of Conduct and return the consent formCSP Code of Conduct ensures that we not only have fun but that all feel welcome and that it is a safe environment for all. The purpose is to define accepted/acceptable behaviors, to promote high standards of practice and to establish a framework for professional behaviors and responsibilities.
( The consent form only needs to be completed once. )