Last year, Chapel Street Players participated in Delaware’s Do More 24 Campaign and, through the generosity of so many people, we raised over $5,000! In addition, we received over $9,000 from the Delaware Division of the Arts (DDOA) via the Spur Foundation in matching pool funds. We presented a Virtual Variety Talent show, which many of you tuned in to watch, and we will be doing it again this year, along with many other special events.
This year’s Do More 24 Campaign begins on Thursday, March 3rd at 6 pm and continues until 6 pm on Friday, March 4th. Throughout that time period, any gift you choose to make to CSP will likely be increased by the hourly incentives sponsored by a variety of foundations and corporations. In addition, the Spur Impact Association has again provided the DDOA with funding pools to add additional grant monies to its artistic nonprofits, and so we have an opportunity for those added funds!
Check Out Our Events!
Thursday, March 3
- 6 pm – Welcome Message from Dr. Renee’ G. O’Leary as part of the Greater Giving Opening Prize.
– Help us be one of the first 20 nonprofits that receive 25 donations from 6-7 pm ($500 bonus sponsored by Barclays US Consumer Bank)
- 8 pm (pre-show 7:45) – Virtual Variety Talent Show, featuring local artists and CSP volunteers as part of the Green Philanthropist Power Hour 1.
– Bonus given to top 5 nonprofits in our division that get the most unique donations from 8-9 pm ($250 bonus sponsored by Chemours)
- Midnight – Ushering In A New Day – Find out how to usher at CSP and see some acts from the talent show as part of the Midnight Mask-less Power Hour.
– Awards given to the top 2 nonprofits in our division that get the most unique donations from midnight to 1 am ($250 bonus sponsored by NuPoint)
Friday, March 4
- 7 am – Be in our Box Office!– Learn about being a box office volunteer and see some acts from the talent show as part of the Sunny Side Up Power Hour.
– Bonus for the top 3 nonprofits in our division that get the most unique donations from 7-8 am ($500 bonus sponsored by Always Best Care)
- 12 noon – Lunch in the Limelight – You’ve seen the actors on stage, but in this hour, you can see all that goes on behind the scenes to put on a show, from directing to designing to the program you read! This is part of the Green Philanthropist Power Hour 2.
– Help us be one of the top 5 nonprofits in our division that get the most unique donations from 12-1 pm ($250 bonus sponsored by Chemour)
- 4 pm – Become a Volunteer! – Meet our VP for Volunteerism, Bill King, and find out how to get involved with any aspect of CSP as part of the Is It QuaranTime Yet? Power Hour.
– Three random nonprofits in our division who receive a donation from 4-5 pm will be chosen ($250 bonus sponsored by Wegmans)
- 5 pm (preshow 4:45 pm) – CSP Virtual Cocktail Hour – Grab a cocktail and help us count down the last minutes of the Do More 24 Campaign! A variety of guests, including Dame Edna’s honorary Understudy, will share drink recipes and merriment as part of the Hybrid Home Stretch.
– The top 3 nonprofits in our division that raise the most money by 6 pm will win ($1,000 bonus sponsored by Barclays)
As a special part of the Do More 24 Campaign, we are offering the purchase of a seat at ONLY $500 (the price during the regular campaign will be $1000 per seat to have a seat in any section of the new theater)!
Lastly, in addition to the incentives being offered to nonprofits during Do More 24, we are offering a special incentive for our CSP patrons, volunteers, and friends. As many of you know, we are working with Lang Development on procuring a new theater space (more on that in early March!) and we will be launching a major capital campaign, once approved, to aid in the move, purchase auditorium seats and theater equipment, and more. Even if we do not move, our current location is in desperate need of improvements, including replacement of the theater seats. Part of the capital campaign will be the opportunity to purchase a chair (meaning your name will go on a plaque on the chair in the auditorium).
Please note that this incentive is only for those gifts made between 6 pm March 3rd and 6 pm March 4th. Any gift of $500 outside this time period is, of course, greatly appreciated but will not be eligible for the chair program.
Making a Gift
All donations to CSP at any time are very much welcomed, but if you want to make a gift during Do More 24, then please go to this link during the time period to make a donation on-line.
Should you choose to make a donation by check and have it count as part of the Do More 24 Campaign, you need to send an e-mail to CSP_email@yahoo.com with “Do More Donation” in the subject line, and provide us your full name, address, and the amount of the check you will be sending. PLEASE NOTE: All checks must be received by March 30 at Chapel Street Players, P.O. Box 36, Newark, DE 19715. If you make a donation of over $500 intended for a chair purchase, please indicate that in your e-mail.
Thank you for your continued support of the Chapel Street Players, and we hope you tune in to our events during Do More 24!